Friday, July 17, 2015

Save The National Civil War Museum

I don't normally post anything slightly political on my blog, I've tried to keep it only about gaming.  But right now I feel that silence is compliance.  Over the last 10 years or so I've seen the U.S. devolve into madness.  We've replaced independent thought with the cultural fascism that is political correctness.  I won't stay silent while the progressive left goose-step all over history and re-write a new one.

First we blame a flag for the acts of one lone psychopath, now we have an extreme leftist mayor in Harrisburg, PA who wants to close down their National Civil War Museum because he claims it doesn't make money and the artifacts were acquired dishonestly?  When a progressive politician worries about being fiscally responsible you know the fix is in.  Otherwise he would look into public transportation and see the same corruption.  I don't believe for an instant that this is anything but ideologically driven.

For those of you who are as concerned about the assault on our history I just ask you to sign this petition to keep the Museum open.  Here.

And for those who are offended by my post, you know where you can go.

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” - George Orwell


2 comments:

  1. I also try to avoid politics, simply because I would prefer people of all political inclinations be able to visit my site and enjoy it and enjoy talking about games with one another, politics be damned. In this case, though, I have trouble seeing why preservation of history is a political issue. I would think people who oppose racism would want to remember the triumph over the Confederacy, and would not want to let people forget the institution of slavery in which that cause was grounded. It makes as much sense to me as if Jewish folks were asking to close the Holocaust Museum. I honestly don't understand the thought process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preservation of history should never be politicized but such are the times we live in today. Maybe at worst this is a case of throwing the baby out with the bath water, but upon looking at some of mayor Papenfuse's background I don't believe it to be the case.

      I'm just hoping that common-sense will prevail.

      Delete