Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The One Ring RPG


I've been a Tolkien fan since I was in Fourth grade and I haven't looked back since. Yes, I've read a lot of Sword & Sorcery novels by the likes of Robert E. Howard, Fritz Lieber, Karl Edward Wagner, and Michael Moorcock. And I've read plenty of Science Fiction, but I keep finding myself re-reading The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Silmarillion, Lost Tales, etc.... I will always find Tolkien's Middle Earth fascinating!

In Junior High I discoverd Iron Crown Enterprises' Middle Earth Role Playing Game and also The Riddle of the Ring boardgame. Decipher released a LOTR rpg, it looked impressive but I felt it relied too heavily on the movies rather than the books.

Cubicle 7 is due to release The One Ring rpg this August and I for one am really excited about it! It looks like it won't rely on the films, but will try to remain true to the books. Set in between the books The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings although I'm sure they'll expand the timeline eventually. It's also going to feature a lot of artwork from classic Tolkien artists like John Howe. The first release will be two core books with 4 more books to be released in the next two years. Read more about it on the MERP website!

No comments:

Post a Comment